As you age, you may encounter legal and healthcare challenges that can impact your quality of life. Having a plan to deal with these challenges as they arise can help you preserve your quality of life, receive the absolute best care, and protect your wealth and property. It also helps lift the burden borne by caregivers and adult children so that they can focus on other aspects of the family. At Applegate & Dillman Elder Law, we help clients just like you plan for and meet your evolving needs as you approach your later years.
Benefits of Hiring an Elder Law Attorney
- Avoiding crisis - At Applegate & Dillman Elder Law, we will help you analyze your options, prioritize your wishes, and create a long-term care plan in advance. We help you avoid a scenario where you may become incapacitated or require home care services without an appropriate plan.
- Safeguarding assets - We will help you create an estate plan encompassing long-term care insurance, personal care agreements, and asset protection trusts. For instance, we can help you create a plan to avoid asset recovery if you run out of money to pay for your healthcare. We will also ensure your assets are well managed to avoid them ending up in the wrong hands if you become incapacitated.
- Mitigating problems in case of a crisis - If there are disputes or any estate law-related crises, we will facilitate an early settlement that will help eliminate costly mistakes.
Applegate & Dillman Elder Law Services
- Estate planning - An estate plan contains details of what individuals expect to happen to their assets in case of their incapacitation. We are ready to help whether you want to create a will, a living will, or designate a power of attorney.
- Medicaid Planning - You don’t have to wait until you have spent your hard-earned savings on healthcare. We will help you safeguard your assets before applying for Medicaid. Our Indiana elder law attorneys will also help you or your loved one understand how Medicaid benefits affect your retirement plan.
- Long-term Care Planning - Whenever a medical issue arises, you are most likely to require rehabilitation. Your rehabilitation or long-term care needs can easily deplete your assets. We will help you figure out whether you can afford in-home care and how you can save up for the future. At Applegate & Dillman Elder Law, we have on-staff healthcare professionals who will conduct psychological and physical evaluations to ensure you are on top of your mental and physical health throughout the process.
- Mediation - Our attorneys are ready to respond in case of disputes to ensure an early settlement before the situation worsens.
- Guardianship - We will offer the help you need to secure a temporary guardian in emergencies that may arise when you do not have a spouse or power of attorney to help you.
- Veterans Benefit Planning - If your loved one is a retired military service person, we will help to ensure they recover the veteran benefits owed. These benefits can help reduce the cost of taking care of them in old age.
Why Applegate & Dillman Elder Law?
At Applegate & Dillman Elder Law, we provide a holistic approach to elder law, providing unmatched estate planning, long-term care planning, Medicaid planning, and many more services. We have a team of nurses on board who are ready to help assess the situation and create a plan for your life care. Contact us online or call us at (317) 492-9569 to discover how we help our community’s most vulnerable members.